10 October 2023 10:00am–4:00pm
UNISON Regional Centre, Quayside House, Canal Wharf, Leeds, LS11 5PS
To register your interest in this course please contact your branch as you will need approval to attend. If you are unsure how to contact your branch, please use our branch finder tool – https://branches.unison.org.uk/
Your branch will then contact Rose on email@example.com to book your place.
This course is aimed at anyone with an interest in dyslexia and will help you:
- understand the most common characteristics associated with dyslexia;
- understand the barriers to learning and functioning successfully at work faced by people with dyslexia;
- learn about the strengths and what gifts dyslexic people might bring;
- consider possible employer responses to requests under the Equality Act;
- understand how to support a colleague/colleagues at work who is experiencing difficulties associated with dyslexia.
Please note this course is in-person at our Leeds office.