25 November 2023 10:00am–5:00pm
UNISON Regional Centre, Quayside House, Canal Wharf, Leeds, LS11 5PS
To book on this course please contact your branch as you will need approval to attend. If you are unsure how to contact your branch, please use our branch finder tool – https://branches.unison.org.uk/
Your branch will then contact Rose on email@example.com to book your place.
This course is a one day course that helps women members to explore the possibilities of getting more involved in the union. It gives an outline of the way the union works and invites women to explore their own skills and how they can use them.
The course will help participants to:
- explore why women do or don’t get involved in the union and why it’s important that they are involved
- be more familiar with how UNISON works and how women members can get involved
- appreciate the skills that many women develop, not just at work but in dealing with day to day life
- appreciate how existing skills can be applied in new situations, including in working life and in the union
- gain confidence in your ability to use your skills in the union
- develop an action plan
- find out about further development opportunities with the union
This course will be held at our UNISON Regional Centre in Leeds. The course is FREE to attend.
Date and time: Saturday 25 November at 10.00am – 5.00pm